About the Open & Safe Commitment
As North Carolina is in the reopening process of our economy, we all need to do our part to ensure we continue to minimize the spread of COVID-19, while also helping regain consumer confidence. In order to keep Alamance County healthy and our economy strong, we are proud to introduce the Open & Safe pledge for our local businesses.
Make the Pledge Today
Our business is committed to keeping Alamance County healthy and our economy strong. To help in this effort, we hereby affirm our commitment to taking the steps necessary to implement safe reopening best practices as outlined in the “Smart Restart Guide” in order to protect our valuable employees and/or customers.
We commit to protecting our employees by:
- Checking on their well-being and health before every work shift by screening employees for illness, possible exposure, or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Providing them with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training, as appropriate per the guidance.
- Asking our customers to kindly observe proper hygiene etiquette when interacting with our employees.
- Displaying the provided “Know Your W’s: Wear, Wait, Wash” poster so customers can see it.
We commit to protecting our customers by:
- Washing and/or sanitizing our hands on a regular basis.
- Monitoring social distancing within our places of business.
- Sanitizing frequently used surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, push plates, shopping carts, tables, chairs, restrooms, and fuel pump handles on a regular and frequent basis.
- Disinfecting items that come into contact with customers.
- Making hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, or similar disinfectant readily available to both employees and customers.
- Placing readily visible signage at the business to remind everyone of best hygiene practices.
- Displaying the provided Wear, Wait, Wash poster to encourage customers to enter your business responsibly.
I understand that this is my voluntary pledge to take meaningful steps towards different ways to operate in ways that protect my business, my employees, and my customers.
By signing this pledge, I commit to communicating my efforts to being “Open & Safe” to both my employees & customers.
I also give the Alamance Chamber permission to publicize my commitment as an “Open & Safe” business.
Once you have submitted your “Open & Safe” commitment form, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions to download “Open & Safe” branded materials we’ve produced to demonstrate your commitment. You should receive this email within 24 hours of submitting your commitment form (Monday – Friday).
If you would like the Chamber to print these items for you, you can request curbside pickup by emailing email@example.com.
Open & Safe Businesses in Alamance County
Knowing that these organizations are all operating in a new normal, we encourage you to check their websites and social media pages to verify hours of operation and/or operational capacity. Please note, this list will be updated daily (Monday – Friday).
- Animal Park at the Conservators Center *
- BeCute Imporium
- Beshel Chiropractic Center *
- Brixx Woodfired Pizza *
- Burke Manor Inn & Pavilion *
- Christmas Cheer *
- Clover Garden School, Inc. *
- Drs. Michael & Cynthia Touloupas, DDS, PA *
- DualVision Tax & Accounting Services *
- Engineered Controls – Elon *
- Holiday Inn Express (Burlington) *
- Jody P. Wallace, DDS *
- Katie Smith Photography *
- Mellow Mushroom *
- MVP Video & Promotions *
- Pinnacle Wealth Partners *
- Prime Personnel Resources, Inc.*
- Sawyer Exterminating *
- Shawmut Park Avenue, LLC *
- The Fat Frogg Bar & Grill
- The Village at Brookwood *
- Total Care Pharmacy *
- Well Bred Veterinary Services, PLLC *
- Western and Southern Life *
Disclaimer: This list, nor your business’ adherence to the contents hereof should not be assumed in any way to guarantee the health and/or safety of its customers and/or employees. Businesses are expected to adhere to all rules, regulations and recommendations of industry professionals, the CDC, federal, state and local health officials. Employers are expected to remain abreast of current laws & requirements as they may change.
*Indicates business is a member of the Alamance Chamber