The Alamance Chamber is hiring a full-time Director of Leadership Development & Education Partnerships. Access the job description by clicking here or viewing below. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Reagan Gural, Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
Director of Leadership Development & Education Partnerships Job Description:
Employment Classification & Job Status: Non-exempt & At Will
Reports To: President
Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible for creating and facilitating the Leadership Development Program of Work. Plans and implements activities and events designed to connect professionals and students to leadership development opportunities. Works to enhance relationships with area Education Partners to build connections to local businesses.
Specific assignments include (but are not limited to) activities involving:
- Curriculum development (advisory board recruitment, industry tours for teachers)
- Teacher recruitment and retention efforts (incentives and recognition programs)
- Staff lead for all leadership programs/events including, but not limited to, Leadership Alamance, AYLA, and Community Leaders’ Retreat.
- Staff lead for all education initiatives, events, and partnerships including but not limited to, Teacher of the Year, Classroom Collection Campaign, Tuesday Tour for Teachers and Education Council.
- Assists with other chamber programs as needed and attends all chamber functions
- Responsible for maintaining good working relations with all volunteers and community partners.
- Serves as a liaison between local industries/businesses, education, and the Chamber.
- Education – Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- Work Experience – Minimum of three years’ experience in related field
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Creative Suite and Constant Contact
- Excellent event/program planning and management skills
- Ability to conceptualize and implement with attention to detail
- Ability to interact and work with diverse personalities and constituencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Self-motivated and directed but able to ask for and accept direction from others
- Working knowledge of virtual meeting platforms
Evaluation: Annual performance review by Chamber President. Evaluated against program goals and objectives as well as division financial performance.