The Alamance Chamber is hiring a Communications & Engagement Coordinator. The position will be located in Burlington, NC at the Alamance Chamber office. The Alamance Chamber fosters a flexible work environment with an industry leading staff. In addition, community development engagement is strongly encouraged and supported by both staff and volunteer leaders.
Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Access the job description by clicking here or viewing below. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Kelly Roberts, Senior Director of Investor Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment Classification & Job Status: Non Exempt & At Will
Reports To: Senior Director, Investor Engagement
Duties & Responsibilities: Serves as the main agent for activating our brand and maintaining effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging. This team member is responsible for crafting and executing a strategic communications plan to support the Chamber’s strategic goals and contribute to the overall growth and relevance of the organization. In addition, supporting the Chamber’s program of work and engagement opportunities by assisting with event support as needed. This role requires knowledge of the Chamber’s mission, key stakeholders and priorities, as well as proficiency in marketing strategy, graphic design, social media, and email communications and web development.
- Lead agent for activating our brand and maintaining effective, cohesive and engaging brand messaging
- Responsible for crafting and executing a strategic communications plan to support the Chamber’s strategic goals and overall organizational growth
- Create, maintain and implement digital and print marketing and editorial calendars, utilizing all communication channels and media partners
- Assist with creation and/or creative direction of promotional collateral for signature events
- Responsible for developing and executing a communication calendar to promote Chamber signature events/programs and conducting special campaigns as needed
- Develop digital Chamber newsletter and other communications to Chamber Investors
- Coordinate and enhance social media marketing to promote the Chamber, our investors and partners
- Optimize and update Chamber website, including content, design and user experience as needed
- Coordinate the development of Chamber materials, including marketing collateral copy, coordinating blog posts in collaboration with staff, website content and event collateral materials
- Photograph or video (including editing) Chamber events and special meetings, when necessary
- Assist with planning, preparation and facilitation of Chamber programs and events as directed by Senior Director, Investor Engagement
- Oversee marketing of Investor Ribbon Cuttings and assist with event planning and execution
- Update website and provide engagement analytics as needed
- Attends conferences, training, and events as directed by the Senior Director, Investor Engagement
- Responsible for any project(s) assigned by Senior Director, Investor Engagement
- Associates degree or 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of video/photo editing and graphic design software such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Full understanding of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube
Evaluation: Annual performance review by Senior Director, Investor Engagement. Evaluated against goals and objectives set forth in program of work.