The Alamance Chamber is hiring a Senior Director of Economic Development. The position will be located in Burlington, NC at the Alamance Chamber office. The Alamance Chamber does foster a flexible work environment with an industry leading staff. In addition, community development engagement is strongly encouraged and supported by both staff and volunteer leaders. Residence in Alamance County is required.
Senior Director, Economic Development
Access the job description by clicking here or viewing below. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Reagan Gural, President & CEO at email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment Classification & Job Status: Exempt & At Will
Reports To: President
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as main economic development contact for Alamance County for new and expanding industries, community development, and other economic development projects
- Manage all aspects of new business recruitment or expansion including site identification, proposal response, incentive compilations, visit itineraries, and client presentations
- Responsible for strategic planning and program implementation for all aspects of economic development
- Supervise and manage Director, Small Business and Entrepreneur Development, Director, Economic Development Projects, and Economic Development Project Coordinator
- Coordinate with municipal, county, regional and state points of contact for economic development projects and initiatives
- Work with Director of Economic Development Projects to develop, maintain and support relationships and communications with existing industries
- Assist Chamber President to provide incentive fulfillment services after a company location or expansion
- Assist Chamber President in developing and managing annual program of work and budget for economic development
- Participate in regional and state-led marketing opportunities for economic development
- Assist Chamber President in planning and facilitating economic development committee and Economic Development Foundation board meetings. Attend Chamber board meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chamber President
Evaluation: Annual performance review by Chamber President & CEO. Evaluated against goals and objectives set forth in program of work and Economic Development Foundation fundraising prospectus.